Women over 75
After 75... should I have screening mammograms?
Here is some information to help you decide.
- BreastScreen WA is a service targeted to women aged 50–74 years. Women aged over 40 may also attend.
- We also re-invite already enrolled women aged 40–74 years.
- Once you turn 75 you will no longer be sent a letter reminding you to attend for your two-yearly mammogram. However you are encouraged to book online or ring 13 20 50 for an appointment.
- Some women in your age group may decide not to have screening mammograms as other medical conditions or lifestyle issues may take higher priority.
- The decision is yours, but remember the risk of breast cancer does increase with age and you are welcome to attend BreastScreen WA for a FREE screening mammogram every two years.
Discuss with your GP or call 13 20 50 for further information.